Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

Today is the Pre-Cleanse Day

Today is supposed to be my DAY 1 of Veggie Cleanse and Daily Yoga. However, an unexpected surprise came up to watch Cirque de Soleil Elvis at 7pm tonight. How could I ever miss that? When I was 5 years old in Philippines, I had the biggest crush on Elvis Presley and grew up believing that I was going to move to America to marry him. Little did I know, that Elvis had already been deceased for many years! LOL!

Hence, watching the show would not allow my first day of Yoga to happen since the time slot is nearly the same. So today, I proceeded with my veggie cleanse anyway, therefore calling today my Pre-cleanse day which is to prepare my body, mind and spirit for the vigorous days of cleanse and yoga challenges.  Today was getting my digestive system ready to consume all vegetables and counting my protein to ensure that my weight remains as is.

It is harder to kick off the caffeine habit rather than the cigarettes.  I am not thinking of having a smoke, but I was itching for coffee and feeling less alert.  The nice chair in the back of the Interiors Library was on my mind all day.....napping would have been real nice but impossible.

My breakfast today was  a glass of Almond Milk and 2 boiled eggs.  An hour later, I ate an apricot. Followed by string cheese.

For lunch, I had a big salad of Kale, lettuce, horse radish, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, raw almonds and feta cheese; with olive oil, honey and lemon dressing:


After lunch, I made sure to snack every hour. I had a bowl of cottage cheese, a bag of yummy soybean chips dipped in lentil sauce and another string cheese.

Dinner will be late, after the show!

It is late afternoon and closer to the end of my work day and I feel content, but still feel a little lethargic. Perhaps, having coffee on my mind is the cause of it. However, I will not allow such thing to surrender my mind to radical toxins....pre-cleanse day seems to be a success!

2 comments:

  1. Good on you. I wish I had the guts to do this. I would probably last till mind morning...lol. With all this great food you will fell so much better.


    LOx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yes, I will feel better! I normally do yearly cleanses. Last year, I did 30 days and felt amazing.

    This year is 45 days of veggies and daily yoga which will be an interesting and challenging journey!

    I will be blogging my experience daily...so be sure to follow me in my journey!

    Perhaps, one day you can try... ;-)
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete